BCES Job Posting
Benton County Electric System seeks a Full-Time “Communications Director” who will serve in the following facets: Public Relations, Marketing, Community Engagement, Economic Development and Key Accounts Management. The ideal candidate is independent, creative, and driven for proven results. The candidate will ensure a positive, informative, and professional experience with the public. The ideal candidate exemplifies the mission and values of BCES’s Public Power Mission, and the Strategic Direction set by the General Manager, Scott Owens.
The Communications Director will interact with each department within the company. The responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the positive identity and reputation of BCES’s values and public power mission
- Create/Design/Produce/Maintain material for marketing campaigns, website, social media, press releases, TVA and BCES Services, and monitor/report on results of efforts.
- Coordinate Community Events, Business Meetings, Internal Events, and Business Partners use of Facilities
- Work with key community representative for economic development, and community projects
- Will assist in the CSR or Billing area as needed.
- The candidate also may be required to travel for continued education courses as needed.
- The candidate understands the utility lifestyle in outage and disaster events and will be required to assist as needed.
High School or GED Required
Previous Public Relations/Communications/Marketing experience preferred
Interested candidates shall submit a Cover Letter and Resume to BCES no later than 4:00 p.m.
October 6, 2022, via: Main Office, Email. Or Certified Mail:
Benton County Electric System
Public Relations/Communications Director
975 Hwy 70 E
Camden, TN 38320
All candidates selected for the next round will be notified no later than October 12, 2022.
Benton County Electric System will not discriminate against any individual for any reason and will provide services to all citizens in a non-discriminatory fashion. It is the intent of BCES to fully comply with the provision of Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. BCES is committed to a moral, ethical, and legal responsibility to ensure equitable employment practices and the delivery of services regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, or political affiliation.
RECENTLY CLOSED POSITION