If you saw someone getting shocked, would you know what to do? It's important to know the rules of electric safety so you don't get hurt yourself.

  • DO NOT TOUCH the victim because you might get shocked too.
  • Find a grown-up right away if you are a child.
  • Turn off the power at the service panel/breaker box.
  • Call 911 and be sure to tell the person who answers that someone has been involved in an electrical accident
  • If the accident happened near utility equipment like a power line or substation, keep others away and call 911 right away and then call BCES at 731-584-8251
  • Even if the person seems OK after getting a mild shock, it's important to always go to the hospital or see a doctor.

 

Electricity burns from the inside out, so some inuries might not be easy to see. The heart and the other internal organs can be affected several hours after the acccident.

IP: 54.225.32.164
Country: United States