A RESOLUTION PROVIDING FOR THE MAINTENANCE, PRESERVATION AND PROTECTION
OF PUBLIC RECORDS AND ESTABLISHING PROCEDURES FOR ACCESSING AND COPYING OPEN PUBLIC RECORDS.
BE IT RESOLVED by the Benton County Board of Public Utilities, that:
Section 1. Procedures regarding access and inspection of public records:
- Consistent with the open records laws of the State of Tennessee, personnel at the Benton County Electric System shall provide full access and assistance in a timely andefficient manner to persons who request access to open public records.
- Employees of the Benton County Electric System shall protect the integrity and organization of public records with respect to the manner in which such records are inspected and copied. All inspections or copying of records shall be performed by, or under the supervision of, employees of the Benton County Electric System.
- Personnel with the Benton County Electric System shall prevent excessive disruptions of essential functions and duties and shall seek to provide access to recordsat the earliest possible time.
- Requests for inspection or copying of records shall be made in writing on a form provided by
the Benton County Electric System. Such form shall be completed by the person requesting the record, and Electric System employees may demand reasonableidentification of any person requesting a record.
- Hours for making requests for inspection or copying of records shall be the regularoffice hours of the Electric System.
- Removal of records from the Electric System shall not be permitted.
- Reproduction of records shall not be undertaken when in the judgment of personnel of the Electric System such reproduction would cause damage to the record.
Section 2. Fees for inspection and copying of public records:
- The General Manger of the Benton County Electric System may establish reasonable fees to cover the cost of retrieving, supervising access and inspection and reproduction of records. Such fees may include the actual cost of reproduction, personnel costs related to time spent retrieving and accessing records and personnel costs related.to time spent supervising inspection or reproduction of records.
- All fees for purposes identified in Section 2A above, shall be due at the time such costs are incurred.
- No fees shall be assessed against employees of the Electric System who make requests, which are reasonably necessary to the performance of their official duties.
No reproduction fee shall be assessed when an employee of the Electric System determines that the cost of charging and handling the fee exceeds the cost of providing a copy without charge