An existing service is defined as an existing service location that has been active(Electricity On) within the last year.
If the service has been off for more than a year it will require a "Reconnection inspection" by the State Electrical Inspector. Once inspection documents have been received to our office will BCES be allowed to turn on service.
|$ 27.00||Check or Money Order payable to "State of Tennessee" (If Reconnection Inspection Required)|
|$ 3.00||Agent Fee|
|$ 2.70||ID Verification Fee if no active service currently with BCES|
|$ 25.00||Meter Set Fee|
*We only accept cash, money order, or checks for setting up new service.
Pay As You Go Service is available for new Service Customers as well. $90.00 to begin service($25 deposit, $25 Connection Fee, and $25 Deposit.)
Process to Setup Service
- Contact our office to finalize your charges necessary to finalize your upcoming service needs at 731-584-8251.
- Complete and Sign an Application for Service if you currently do not have service with us. You can type on this form, print it, and then sign it. The document is available for download below
- When you come to the office you will need to bring:
- Sate/Federal Picture ID
- Proof of Ownership or Lease Agreement from Landlord
- Social Security Card
- Service can typically be turned on from the office in most case. If it cannot,arrive prior to 12pm, it can be turned on same day.
- We cannot activate a service unless all inspections have passed, documentation received, and fees paid.
- If you are out of state and unable to come to the office, please contact our office at 731-584-8251 for alternate procedures.
- Please review our service policies how we handle accounts